Murdered chef led double life
A Brisbane chef found dead in his Morningside garage had allegedly been involved in another bashing and a separate police drug raid. Nine NewsPT1M37S http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-37wff 620 349 May 8, 2014
The 26-year-old restaurant owner whose body was found in a Morningside home spoke of how he was “starting again” in the days leading up to his death.
Peter Milos, a former co-owner of well known Toowong restaurant Mariosarti, wrote the post on his Facebook page on May 2.
He was found in a room within the garage of a Key Street home on Tuesday afternoon.
Police at the scene of a suspicious death at Morningside. Photo: Kristian Silva
Police are treating the death as suspicious, but say there are no suspects despite interviewing a number of witnesses.
Details of how Mr Milos died have not been released. Police were conducting a post-mortem on Wednesday.
Mr Milos had made other online posts alluding to apparent troubles in his life, declaring last month: “Now I’ll see who my real friends really are”.
Mariosarti, in Toowong.
The 26-year-old had listed Mariosarti as a workplace on social media and wrote that he had been travelling in Europe during 2013.
One of Mariosarti current co-owners, Risko Isic, described Mr Milos as "our little brother".
"He was with us in the business from the beginning and he decided to go and follow his dream to write a book. That’s when he decided he needed some more time and [to] be away from the restaurant," Mr Isic told reporters.
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay with Peter Milos. Photo: Mariosarti.com.au
Mr Milos' cousin Bo also paid tribute to the young restauranteur.
"[God] bless his soul, he was a gentleman. I will see you in the kingdom come brother. Shalom," Bo Milos wrote on Facebook.
Emily Williams, who knew Mr Milos when he lived in Maroochydore, told Fairfax Media they had been good friends during their school years.
Slain chef Peter Milos. Photo: Facebook
“He was just a really good friend and I’m just shocked that this has happened,” Ms Williams said, adding that she hadn’t spoken to Mr Milos for a few years.
“He was always very caring and there for you when you needed him.
“He had such ambitions with his cooking and being a chef.”
Detectives investigating the death have called for residents and business owners near the Morningside home where he was found to come forward if they have security footage of the area.
Police were called to the Key Street home at 3.50pm on Tuesday, after Mr Milos’ body was found by a female acquaintance.
Acting Inspector Anthony Geary said Mr Milos was last seen at the woman’s house on Sunday, but police were unsure of his movements afterwards.
“We’re appealing for associates of Mr Milos or people who may know him to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers and provide information that may assist with this investigation, he said.
“Mr Milos has worked as a chef in the past and I’m not sure if he was currently working.”
ASIC records show Mr Milos was a former secretary of Mariosarti Pty Ltd, but ceased his role with the company in January 2013.
Acting Inspector Geary said Mr Milos had been staying at the Key Street property, but had also been living at his parents’ house.
However he wouldn’t comment on whether Mr Milos had known enemies or if a weapon had been used in the killing.
Acting Inspector Geary said a white vehicle, which was located at the Key Street home, would form part of the investigation.
Several neighbours said a group of young men and a woman had moved into the property in recent months, but no one knew who they were.
A man who lives next door to the Key Street house, who did not want to be named, said his wife had been home Tuesday afternoon.
However she didn't hear anything suspicious and may have left to pick up their child from school when the incident occurred.
The neighbour said he had never spoken to the tenants, but believed the men in the house may have been tradesmen.
“I never heard any commotion or anything,” he said.
Forensic police were completing their first sweep of the scene on Wednesday morning, after the crime scene was declared on Tuesday afternoon.
Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.