Former Queensland premier Wayne Goss. Photo: Glenn Hunt
Former Queensland premier Wayne Goss is set to undergo surgery to remove a malignant brain tumour for the fourth time.
Mr Goss, who was premier from 1989 to 1996, went under the knife last year, following previous surgeries in 2002 and 1997.
The 63-year-old is scheduled to have the operation at the Mater Private Hospital in Brisbane on Tuesday morning.
A family spokesman, Russ Morgan, said Mr Goss was expected to recover well from the neurosurgery.
“He's in remarkable spirits and very positive,” Mr Morgan said.
“He's also retained his sense of humour, which is quite an achievement in the circumstances.”