Sandor Earl opens up about drug charges
Former NRL player, Sandor Earl, opens up about the pressure he felt as a young, impressionable athlete to perform at the highest level and how he became involved with banned substancesPT1M58S http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-2uinf 620 349 September 27, 2013
Stephen Dank says he will be initiating legal action against Sandor Earl after the former Canberra winger opened up about his doping dramas.
In an interview that aired on the Nine Network on Thursday night, Earl claimed Dank had abused his ''power and trust'' and that the sports scientist had told him he had administered CJC-1295 to players at all the other clubs he had worked with.
Dank has previously worked at Manly and Cronulla, the latter the only club not absolved of systemic doping.
Sandor Earl at Raiders training. Photo: Jeffrey Chan
Dank, who had arranged an AFL trial for Earl at Essendon and referred him to a Cabramatta-based medical practitioner to treat shoulder injuries in 2011, said he was disturbed by some of the revelations in the Earl interview.
''I reiterate that there is no wrongdoing in terms of the WADA prohibited list,'' Dank said. ''My barristers are carefully scrutinising every word that Earl has said.
''There are definitive issues in some of Earl's claims and my legal team are looking at which of those comments are false in relation to Earl's beliefs. We're also looking at what is false due to supposition from ASADA.''
Earl is facing the prospect of a four-year ban from sport for doping offences, including trafficking, during his time at Penrith in 2011.
The Canberra winger, who is hopeful of a 75 per cent discount on his ban for providing ''substantial assistance'' to ASADA, has denied providing banned substances to other players.