Anthony Milford

Anthony Milford Photo: Getty Images

Brisbane-bound Canberra fullback Anthony Milford has remained tight-lipped on Wayne Bennett's return to the Broncos, insisting his only focus is on leading the Raiders out of wooden-spoon contention. 

Milford, who will join Brisbane on a lucrative two-year deal next season, stonewalled questions regarding Bennett on Tuesday. 

With the Broncos already brimming with fullback talent led by Ben Barba and Josh Hoffman, Milford is expected to shift to five-eighth.

Axed Broncos coach Anthony Griffin helped broker the deal with the Souths Logan product to return home after two scintillating seasons with the Raiders. 

Milford has worked with Bennett at Queensland Origin emerging squad camps, but it remains unclear where Bennett intends to play him. 

Asked about the prospect of playing under the master coach, Milford said: ''It's not my part to have a say in it, I'm still with the Raiders and I'm trying to do a job here. 

''I want to finish the best way I can with the position we're in.''

Reminded of Bennett's success in converting Broncos legend Darren Lockyer from fullback to five-eighth, Milford said: ''Again, I've left that to next year, I'm 100 per cent focused on the Raiders for the last few games. 

''I want to put all my effort in that and knowing when I leave here I'm a better player, and a better person.

''I'm happy to play wherever. There's no individual bigger than the team, wherever the coach wants me that's where I'll play.''

The 20-year-old was more willing to discuss his tantalising fullback battle with South Sydney star Greg Inglis at Canberra Stadium on Monday night. 

Just days after he was outpointed by Maroons custodian Billy Slater in a loss in Melbourne, Milford said he was relishing being a target of rival sides. 

Milford was outstanding in Canberra's 30-18 upset of the Rabbitohs in round four, with the Raiders success in shutting down Inglis a key factor. 

''I've noticed I've been getting targeted quite a bit, but I like that kind of pressure coming at me,'' he said. 

''I just try and use it to my advantage and put the other boys in space. 

''It [playing Inglis] will be another test, but I like the challenge and I've set myself a few goals for this week. 

''There isn't a better player in the game to test yourself against.''

After Storm's win over Canberra, Slater urged Milford to increase his involvement and tweak his game to counter attention from rival sides. 

''Personally I think I need to inject myself into the game a bit more, be around the ball and pop up in places I haven't been usually, especially last week,'' he said. 

The Raiders named an unchanged side on Tuesday to play the Rabbitohs, with regular back-rower Jarrad Kennedy retained at centre.  

Former Raider Joe Picker was named on an extended six-man bench for Souths, and could play his first game at Canberra since he was offloaded by the club after last year.

MONDAY

NRL round 20: Canberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs at Canberra Stadium, 7pm

TV: Fox Sports 1 live