Germany's Nico Rosberg won the showcase Monaco Grand Prix for the second year in a row on Sunday to snatch back the Formula One world championship lead from Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton.
Rosberg's second victory of the season, from a controversial pole position, took his points tally after six races to 122 with Hamilton on 118.
Daniel Ricciardo places third in Monaco
Nico Rosberg holds off teammate Lewis Hamilton to claim the Monaco Grand Prix, with Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo completing the podium.
The Briton, who complained 13 laps from the end that he had something in his eye and could not see properly, was second as dominant Mercedes chalked up a sixth win in a row and fifth successive one-two finish.
Australian Daniel Ricciardo took third after chasing Hamilton nose-to-tail to the finish while quadruple world champion team mate Sebastian Vettel, in his 100th race for Red Bull, retired after eight laps with a power unit problem.
Results from the Monaco Grand Prix (78 laps):
1. Nico Rosberg (GER/MER) 1hr 49min 27.661sec
2. Lewis Hamilton (ENG/MER) +9.200
3. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS/RBR) 9.600
4. Fernando Alonso (ESP/FER) 32.400
5. Nico Hulkenberg (GER/FOR) 1 lap
6. Jenson Button (ENG/MLA) 1 lap
7. Felipe Massa (BRA/WIL) 1 lap
8. Jules Bianchi (FRA/MAR) 1 lap
9. Romain Grosjean (FRA/LOT) 1 lap
10. Kevin Magnussen (DEN/MLA) 1 lap
11. Marcus Ericsson (SWE/CAT) 1 lap
12. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/FER) 1 lap
13. Kamui Kobayashi (JPN/CAT) 1 lap
14. Max Chilton (ENG/MAR) 2 laps
Not classified:Esteban Gutierrez (MEX/SAU) 17 laps
Valtteri Bottas (FIN/WIL) 22 laps
Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA/TOR) 28 laps
Adrian Sutil (GER/SAU) 55 laps
Daniil Kvyat (RUS/TOR) 67 laps
Sebastian Vettel (GER/RBR) 72 laps
Pastor Maldonado (VEN/LOT) 78 laps
Sergio Perez (MEX/FOR) 78 laps