RED BULL driver Mark Webber has brushed aside concerns teammate and formula one champion Sebastian Vettel could be stripped of his title.
Ferrari are considering an appeal against an overtaking manoeuvre by Vettel during Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix, where the German finished sixth to clinch his third straight title, British media reported.
Webber relishes challenge down under
Red Bull's Mark Webber swapped tarmac for tough terrain to compete in the Tasmania Challenge, an event he organises.
YouTube footage reportedly shows Vettel passing Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne under yellow flags in the early laps of the race at Interlagos.
Webber only heard the reports shortly before speaking to reporters near Ben Lomond in northern Tasmania, for his annual charity wilderness race. ''I think it's unlikely [an appeal will succeed],'' he said. ''I think the race is won. It's all over.''
Webber said he had been aware of a possible yellow flag infringement ''that might look close'' coming out of the race 24 hours after it ended.
But asked if his team, which celebrated in Britain after Vettel became the youngest driver to win three consecutive titles, would be concerned, he said: ''I don't think so.''
Overtaking under caution is banned and usually attracts a drive-through penalty. If an infringement is missed, the reports said, a 20-second penalty can be handed out retrospectively.
Vettel's placing in the race gave him the title ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso by three points. Ferrari have already claimed Alonso should have been crowned world champion after earlier controversies.