Angry about a schoolyard spat between his children and a 12-year-old girl, a Finks motorcycle gang member knocked on the girl's front door and said to the parents, "Where's that little bitch?", a court has heard.

When the girl's mother asked the man who he was he replied, "Where's that c---t who called my son a c---t?"

The Finks bikie, Shane Conci, 39, then allegedly forced his way into the house and attacked the girl's father, who was knocked unconscious.

Mr Conci appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with two counts of intentionally causing serious injury, one count of recklessly causing serious injury, one count of recklessly causing injury, two counts of assault and one count of aggravated burglary and criminal damage on June 6 last year.

Mr Conci's daughter, 12, and son, 14, had been involved in ongoing issues with the 12-year-old girl at a secondary school in Melbourne's north-west between May 29 and June 5 before the Finks bikie decided to go to the girl's home.

The 12-year-old girl's mother, who Fairfax Media has decided not to name, told the court via videolink from a remote location that the tattooed Mr Conci ordered her to open the flyscreen door so he could see her face.

When she told him she was not going to let him in, Mr Conci spat at the door and said "If you call the cops I'll bring 12 people here".

"I told him to piss off and he started to kick the flyscreen repeatedly with a lot of force," she said.

"I was fearful that these people were going to hurt me and my family."

The girl's father told the court he had been sitting out on the back verandah when he heard a commotion at the front door.

He asked Mr Conci what the problem was.

"I tried to reason with him but you couldn't reason with the bloke."

He said he threw a dinner plate at Mr Conci, before being punched and kicked in the head.

"I was hurt pretty bad," he said.

Detective Senior Constable Matthew McKenzie said Mr Conci had earlier phoned the school principal and made a number of threats towards the 12-year-old girl's family.

Mr Conci allegedly told the principal he planned to drive to the girl's house and "rip the family to shreds".

The principal did not contact the police or alert the girl's family after speaking to Mr Conci.

Mr Conci, his wife and their three children then went to the girl's house at about 5.15pm on June 6 in what prosecutor Julian Ayres said was "posse-style".

Magistrate Donna Bakos said the case was about "some bad behaviour, some bad manners".

"I have to bite my tongue to comment about parents' behaviour," she said.

Mr Conci was committed to stand trial in the County Court and was remanded to appear for a directions hearing on Thursday.