Poison mystery lands toddler in hospital
A toddler is in hospital after drinking a mysterious liquid in a soft drink bottle.
Paramedics were called to flats in Elizabeth Street in Melbourne about 8pm on Wednesday to treat the three-year-old boy, who was unconscious.
An Ambulance Victoria spokesman said advanced life-support paramedics initially treated the toddler.
He said more paramedics, intensive care officers, were need to stabilise the boy, who was then taken to the Royal Children's Hospital in a serious condition.
The Ambulance spokesman could not reveal what the boy consumed but said it had been in a soft drink bottle.
"I couldn't tell you what it was," the spokesman said.
A Royal Children's Hospital spokeswoman said on Thursday morning that boy was now in a stable condition.