Police are trying to determine whether a serial sex offender attacking women in Melbourne's eastern suburbs has struck again - for the ninth time in the past four months.
On Thursday November 29, a 27-year-old woman from Hawthorn left Camberwell railway station and was walking home about 10.30pm.
Serial predator fear after another sex attack
Police are trying to determine if a serial sex offender has struck again, for the ninth time in the past four months.
When the woman came to the intersection of Burke Road and Leura Grove, she was approached from behind and indecently assaulted, a police spokeswoman said.
The man then ran away.
The spokeswoman said that the investigation was in its early stages and detectives were trying to establish whether the assault was linked to a series of sex attacks in Melbourne's eastern suburbs between August and November.
The man in the most recent attack is described as being aged in his mid 20s, about 172 centimetres tall and having olive skin, a muscular build and short, black spiky hair. He was wearing a dark T-shirt and shorts at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
SEX PREDATOR'S TRAIL
The serial attacker has assaulted women in:
* Kanooka Avenue, Lower Templestowe - 6.35pm on August 3
* Bordeaux Street, Doncaster - 11.10pm on August 4
* Harrow Street, Box Hill – 11.40pm on August 4
* Hillcroft Drive, Templestowe – 7.45pm on August 14
* Soderlund Drive, Doncaster – 7.25pm on August 22
* Tuxen Street, Balwyn North – 10.35pm on September 6
* Through Road, Camberwell – 8.30pm on November 3.
* Riversdale Road, near Willow Grove, Canterbury - 9pm on November 25.