WA News

Mosman Park siege accused granted bail in Fremantle Magistrates Court

 A man who was shot in the face by police after allegedly terrorising five hostages in a Perth home has been granted bail.

Confined to a wheelchair and handcuffed, 27-year-old Daniel Ashley was granted bail with a $50,000 personal undertaking and $50,000 surety at Fremantle Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

The siege in Mosman Park ended in dramatic fashion.
The siege in Mosman Park ended in dramatic fashion. Photo: Emma Young

Ashley is accused of bursting into the Mosman Park home of a 23-year-old woman he knew in June last year, armed with a gun and baton, before taking her and four others hostage for three hours.

After emerging from the house, Ashley allegedly ignored calls from police to drop his gun and was shot once before falling to the ground where he pointed his weapon at officers who shot him again.

Ashley's lawyer Linda Black says her client may plead guilty to at least some of the string of charges he faces.

Ms Black said the accused was a paraplegic and partially blind in one eye as a result of the incident, and was only released from hospital on December 23.