- Harvey evacuated as fires flare again
- Homes and buildings lost in Yarloop
- Southbound bands to hold fundraiser in Perth
- Authorities were warned about Yarloops lack of water
- Drivers face big detour on way down south
- 'Demon' blaze claims homes, businesses
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services website
Two bodies have been found in burnt-out houses in the bushfire-ravaged town of Yarloop, as the desperate family of a missing man Malcolm Taylor appealed for help while fearing the worst.
WA fires: Bushfire drive-through
Firefighters are continuing to battle bushfires in WA including one in the shires of Harvey and Waroona. This footage was edited from vision taken from a camera on one of the Department of Parks and Wildlife's trucks
WA Police said the suspected human remains could belong to two men, aged 73 and 77, who have been missing since the blaze swept across the town on Thursday night.
Earlier, the family of 73-year-old cancer survivor Mr Taylor had appealed for help to locate him after he had been missing since the fire hit.
No formal identification has yet been made, but the families of both men have been advised of the developments.
"Further forensic work will need to be undertaken once it is deemed safe to do so, and reports will be prepared for the WA coroner," a police spokesman said.
Inquiries are ongoing in relation to other people who have not been accounted for.
Three people had been missing on Saturday afternoon from the blaze, which destroyed at least 121 homes and 10 other structures in Yarloop, but police have since confirmed the third person, a woman, has been found safe and well.
One family member, who did not want to be named, said on Saturday that she feared Mr Taylor had perished because no one had heard from him since Thursday evening before the fire ripped through the town, and he had not registered himself with authorities.
When she last spoke with the 73-year-old, who requires a hearing aid, he said he was going to stay at his house.
"He goes to bed early, around 7.30pm, so we're worried that he turned off his hearing aid and went to sleep and then the houses went up so quickly," she said.
"One minute the houses were there and the next they were gone."
She said the gas bottles outside the house would have blown up and the family was concerned Mr Taylor had been killed.
"He would have been well and truly asleep and his house is the first one on that street that went," she said.
The family has also seen footage on the news of Mr Taylor's razed house and the remains of his burnt-out car.
"If Malcolm was all right, he would have rung someone by now," she said.