Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
As a mobile apps team we deliver apps across iOS, Android, phones & tablets for titles such as Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review. Building on our success we are embarking on exciting new projects to reinvent and rejuvenate the mobile experience across several products in the portfolio. To help deliver this next evolution we’re looking for a Senior Mobile Developer with strong experience creating dynamic android apps.
Across the Nine Engineering teams we have a strong commitment to quality, automation, continuous improvement and robust solutions that shine for millions of users.
To secure an interview your application should demonstrate
- High level execution and contributions to several projects in Kotlin using Flow/Coroutines or RxJava, DI, Multi-module app
- Strong mobile user interface design skills with a focus on optimal performance across devices including Phone and Tablets
- Good understanding of Object oriented design, SOLID principles and patterns (MVVM, Router, Clean Architecture, MVP, GoF)
- Solid Unit and UI Test Automation experience with JUnit/Espresso along Mocking
- A commitment to quality in your work and that of your team. You’ve help create high quality software through implementation of automated and manual QA processes
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration/Development, Agile Software Development, especially using Atlassian tools like JIRA
- A strong understanding of agile development best practices including Scrum and Lean methodologies.
In the greater engineering team we have intentionally fostered a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture. We support individual goals and personal growth through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training. As part of our commitment to inclusion we support flexible work schedules and locations. To discuss what this means for you please contact the Tech and Product Talent Acquisition Lead firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nine connects Australia, apply now!
Corporate perks and benefits include:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.