Your new company
Located in central Canberra, this large government department has a heavy focus on developing policies and procedures to enhance world class research, policies and procedures in our nation.
Your new role
We are looking for an organised person with the ability to work with limited guidance, and with: Key duties include:
- Assessing import permit applications for animal and biological products in accordance with the department’s service charter and Australia’s biosecurity legislation and import policies.
- Providing high quality customer service to industry clients who have applied for an import permit or are importing goods to Australia.
- Providing sound technical advice to importers, operational staff within the department and other stakeholders on management of biosecurity risks.
- Preparing changes to the department’s import conditions database (BICON).
- Assisting with the preparation of briefing, reports and correspondence.
- An understanding of Australia’s biosecurity system
- An understanding of materials for use in a laboratory
- Ability to undertake risk assessments and apply scientific knowledge
What you'll need to succeed
Successful applicants will work as a member of a large team and possess the following skills and capabilities:
- ability to analyse scientific and technical information
- Have well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail with a focus on producing high quality and accurate work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You must be an Australian citizen and possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline personnel security clearance.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant area of biological, animal science or general science is mandatory.
What you'll get in return
This large Government Department is well known for their career progression and looking after their staff. You will receive on the job training from a very knowledgeable and friendly team as well as an attractive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact Tori Sutton Howsan at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2598029