Your new company
This business is looking to expand their team of trained professionals to monitor the performance of providers.
Your new role
Your role is predominantly field based with over-night travel commonly required with assessors undertaking visits across each state and territory. Flex-time is available to support management of the travel expectations of the role. You will be required to complete a comprehensive training program leading to registration as Registration as a Senior Quality Assessor.
- Undertaking visits to aged care services, either as part of a team or individually, to assess the service’s performance against and compliance with the industries standards.
- Engaging with service providers to find and collect information/evidence, actively following through on lines of enquiry, including conducting interviews with service staff and management, to support our regulatory/compliance functions.
- Conducting interviews with consumers and/or their representatives about the quality of care and services provided, either in person or on the telephone.
- Collecting and analysing evidence to record performance audit & assessment findings in written reports, using the Commission’s IT applications.
- Preparing well-reasoned and accurate reports for a delegate, which may be published, on your assessment of the quality of care and services provided by a service to inform statutory decisions within legislated timeframes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Understand and comply with legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks and be able to demonstrate a capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge
- Be an effective representative of the organisation, acting professionally (including adhering to APS Values & Code of Conduct and the Commission’s Quality Assessor Code of Conduct) and operating within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy directions.
- Successfully completing a national police check
- Providing evidence of having had a seasonal influenza vaccination
- Being able to meet the travel expectations of the role
What you'll get in return
You will join a close knit team of likeminded professional who are motivated by the positive impact of their work. You will have the opportunity to build or further develop your skillset in quality assessment. With travel across QLD you will get to enjoy seeing more of QLD whilst receiving flexible working arrangements whilst working from Brisbane.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Should you wish to have a confidential conversation or find out about other opportunities in the Public Sector please contact us on 07 3243 3022 or email Chelsea.Pearse@hays.com.au
LHS 297508 #2580333