Your new company
This SA owned and operated professional services company is growing rapidly and an opening now exists for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Located on the very fringe of the CBD, this ‘new generation’ of tech-smart business advisors are changing the face of Accounting and Finance.
Your new role
You’ll be responsible for delivering accounts processing and month end accounting services to a range of SME clients in various industries. This will be achieved by working to strict accounting practices and guidelines, effective management of workflow and deadlines, providing exceptional client services and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Accounts processing, Accounts Payable/Receivable function, bank/credit card recs etc.
- Weekly/fortnightly reporting
- Payroll processing of various sizes and across multiple industries using both XERO and Keypay payroll systems
- Payroll reporting
- Month End processing, payroll recs, journals, P&L and balance sheets, BAS etc.
- Assist Accountants with other ad hoc tasks as required
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 1 years’ experience in an accounts’ processing and/or assistant accountant role
- Working knowledge of Xero accounting system and experience with a workflow/practice management system
- Experience with cloud-based, paper-less payroll system
- Exceptional organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Exceptional Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Understanding Accounting Practices and Financial Management business.
- Flexibility and can change priorities quickly
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Natural ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop staff
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or studying towards
What you'll get in return Attractive salary package CBD fringe location Progressive and growth focussed team Exposure across a wide variety of industries
What you need to do now If you are interested in this opportunity and if you have the appropriate experience, please apply to Sasha Di Santo via the link below or call on 7221 4136 for a confidential discussion. For a selection of other vacancies please visit www.hays.com.au
LHS 297508 #2559160