This role supports the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide. The work entails research and data management of sensitive and serious ADF personnel issues as well as analysis of historical personnel records.
The EL1 Insights and Analytics is accountable under broad direction to perform and achieve complex to very complex knowledge management work within an integrated workforce. They will require an in-depth knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements.
The EL1 will exercise sound decision making and judgement to provide expert policy advice. They will have in-depth knowledge of the knowledge management function and are responsible for the development, implementation, compliance and review of policies and procedures relevant to their work within that function. They will engage in complex to very complex problem solving and issues management and may coordinate and perform detailed or sensitive projects that impact on strategic, political or operational outcomes for Defence.
An EL1 in Insights and Analytics is accountable to plan, lead and manage a range of human and physical resources and exercise the associated people and financial responsibilities to achieve business outcomes. They will manage one or more teams. They will develop and implement work plans, set performance indicators, and review individual, team and business performance, focusing on identifying opportunities for building team capability and continuous improvement. They will set work that align with the strategic objectives and communicate expected outcomes.
An EL1 within Insights and Analytics will be responsible for actively managing key stakeholder relationships and will be required to identify relevant stakeholders’ expectations and concerns to develop and communicate methodologies and practices to achieve outcomes. They will be accountable to contribute towards ongoing self-improvement and professional development of their work area and insights.
About our Team
On 19 April 2021, the Prime Minister announced his intent to establish a Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide. The Royal Commission will examine systemic issues and common themes in past deaths by suicide of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and veterans.
You’ll be part of a small team comprised of ADF, APS and contracted staff dedicated to the creation of an exemplar taskforce through the delivery of robust clear and succinct plans, development and management of metrics to evaluate performance and effectiveness and the identification, analysis and management of lessons learned.
Our Ideal Candidate
The role will operate in a high tempo and sensitive environment requiring continuous engagement across Defence. The successful candidate will have:
- In-depth experience in developing, implementing and continuously improving a records and information management governance framework, preferably within the Department of Defence / Australian Public Service (APS) agency.
- An extensive understanding of Australian information management legislation, standards, policies and authorities.
- Expert project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage competing priorities and adhere to strict deadlines to achieve results in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with proven ability as a trusted advisor to senior management.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to speak with influence and produce high quality, accurate and tailored written documents.
- Lead a team, manage allocated resources, set work area priorities, manage workflows, develop strategies and evaluate business outcomes.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 25 May 2022
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DESG/02281/22