Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a government agency to recruit an Assistant Director – Risk in a contract capacity.
Your new role
This role is an important team leadership position and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across wide-ranging activities. The position is responsible for actively managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships and may be required to represent and negotiate on behalf of the agency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing informed risk advice on emerging issues impacting allocated portfolios by leading and facilitating risk discussions and workshops to identify, assess and control risks.
- Contributing towards achievement of annual risk implementation plan objectives.
- Monitoring and analysing trends in mitigating risks, including risk treatment plans used to minimise potential exposure and harness opportunities.
- Undertaking regular risk reviews to ensure continuous improvement of all risk data including controls and treatment actions.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing risk policies, plans, frameworks and guidelines.
- Leading the development and maintenance of operational risk registers.
- Undertaking risk management and assessment activities within an allocated context e.g. strategic, operational and program or project.
- Establishing and monitoring key risk indicators and identifying and facilitating corrective action to mitigate risks.
- Developing and implementing risk management approach and processes to methodologies, projects or programs.
- Preparing and reviewing written material including plans, reports, executive briefs and corporate documentation.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in would be highly desirable.
- Experience working within structured frameworks, policy or legislation.
- Experience in banking, finance, economics, project management or highly skilled IT/data management are preferable.
- Strong forward planning skills, detail orientation and analytical skills with the drive to take initiative and be accountable for deliverables.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate of $585 per day plus super, an initial 18-month contract with the possibility of an extension and full-time hours.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2647715