Your new company
Hays in Geelong are currently partnered with a local government to recruit a Bank Reconciliation and Accounting Officer contracted until the end of December 2021.
Your new role
This role contributes to the operational success of the Financial Reporting Team by providing efficient and effective reconciliation processes. You will be working in an environment where accuracy and timeliness are key priorities and provides accurate data for reporting and reconciliations. The Bank Reconciliation and Accounting Officer will be responsible for:
- Reconciliation of bank statements and ledger balances between the Council’s Pathway and Oracle financial systems daily.
- Ensure the timely completion of end of month balance sheet reconciliations, including identification and clearing of unreconciled items and end of month reporting.
- Completion of daily cash flow update and liaising with Co-ordinator of Financial Reporting to invest council funds.
- Assist with the administration of the Purchasing Card online system and provide back up for preparation of monthly BAS statements.
- Make a positive contribution to clear and effective communication to all customer enquiries, both internal and external.
- Make a positive personal contribution to the successful operation of the Financial Reporting team by participating in the development of it into an efficient, effective and customer-focused team operating as a business unit with a strong commercial focus.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Diploma or Tertiary qualification or currently studying towards completion of accounting or commerce degree; or relevant experience in an accounting or finance environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with strong reconciliation skills and ability to investigate reconcilable items.
- Experience in maintenance of high-volume transaction accounts.
- Sound understanding of financial software systems including excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and manage own time and to achieve targets within a set timetable.
- Strong customer focus and ability to liaise at management level.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you full time hours, an attractive hourly rate of $41.70 + super and the opportunity for a contract extension for the right candidate.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: email@example.com
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2580243