- Permanent position
- Based in Mansfield VIC
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Business Finance Manager to join our clients Leadership Group and oversee their Information Technology, Revenue and Finance teams.
In this role you will provide management, leadership and strategic advice to ensure our client meets financial, accounting and reporting requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the delivery of the vision and objectives of Council through the Information Technology, Revenue and Finance teams, ensuring compliance with legal and statutory obligations.
- Ensure a system of quality budgeting, financial planning, cost control, procurement, and other financial measures including statutory financial reporting is developed, implemented and maintained.
- Oversee the IT implementation of appropriate corporate reporting tools and systems to enable a corporate view of the organisation to be communicated effectively.
- Ensure that Council’s Digital Transformation Strategy and implementation plan is reviewed, updated, progressed and reported to reflect best practice.
- Ensure financial and organisational reports are prepared and provided on a regular and timely basis in accordance with Council and Executive Management Team requirements, including monthly and quarterly finance reports, Long Term Financial Plan, and other reports as required from time to time.
- Act as Council’s principal accounting officer responsible for the preparation of all statutory returns and reports in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, including financial statements, annual Victoria Grants Commission returns and operating statements.
- Facilitate the development of Department budgets by ensuring support, advice and training is available in a timely manner.
- Manage Council’s investments to maximise investment return within acceptable risk management policies including regular weekly management of Council’s investment portfolio to ensure cash flow requirements are maintained.
- Support the General Manager and provide input to the development and implementation of Council’s Strategic, Business, Asset Management, Long Term Financial Plan, and other strategies and programs within budget, corporate goals and agreed timeframes.
- Coordinate Council’s Internal Audit function and liaise with auditors to ensure the internal audit plan is delivered.
- Act as Council’s key organisational contact for the Audit and Risk Committee and coordinate Committee meetings including preparing of agendas and reports or coordination of such from across the organisation.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Ability to manage a Finance Unit or similar relevant experience and demonstrated ability to foster and develop eams
- Current membership of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand to the level of ACA or CPA
- Proven diverse and extensive experience in a similar role encompassing the management of a multifunction service unit within local government or similar environment.
If you have the relevant experience a want to make a lifestyle move to Regional Victoria, please apply for this role and/or contact Jayde Stokes 0456 807 631 to discuss further.