One of our client branches is a large government department’s portfolio management and decision support tool. It comprises an ecosystem of user interfaces, reporting and business intelligence tools that enable users to manage, view and interrogate data relating to programs, projects and domains and a range of other large government department capabilities.
The branch is developed using a range of tools in the Microsoft technology stack with Cognos Analytics providing the business intelligence and reporting platform. The Investment Portfolio Management Branch is responsible for maintenance, support and business intelligence capability for the solution. As part of a program of work focussing business intelligence and data analysis, C1 requires Business Intelligence Analysts with experience in Microsoft Sql Server and Congnos Analytics.
Skills and Knowledge required / Major Responsibilities:
- Under broad direction from the Data Management and Business Intelligence Lead, the successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders to understand information requirements for reports, dashboards and other visualisations and undertake analysis, design, development and maintenance of business intelligence artefacts (reports, dashboards and/or visualisations) to ensure business requirements are met. The Business Intelligence Analyst will have experience in:
- Development and support of FM Models, Cubes
- Development and support of the COGNOS Framework Manager.
- Development and support of COGNOS reports.
- Development and support of Online Analytic Processing (OLAP) cube solutions.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Following implementation standards and Industry best practices
- The Business Intelligence Analyst is expected to exhibit the following behaviours:
- Work collaboratively with Portfolio Performance Management team and other Investment Portfolio Management Branch members to delivery CapabilityOne outcomes.
- Develop and maintain professional, respectful and positive relationships with CapabilityOne users, product owners, and suppliers across Defence Groups.
- Contribute to a harmonious team environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and team collaboration to deliver project outcome.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members, APS and third parties as required.
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 8 Months
Contract extensions: Extension options available- 12 months
Security Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, we require the NV1
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 18 October 2021.
Call Kate 0480 002 456 for any further information.