Casual Yard Hand
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Ongoing training & development
- Uniforms & PPE provided | Annual Awards Program | Current Drivers Licence a must
- Must be able to work weekends | Plenty of hours available during the week
- No experience required - Full training provided | Street parking available
- $28.24 p/h
We are searching for an Casual Yard Hand at our Brookvale facility.
About the role
The purpose of the Branch Yard Hand position is to support the operations of the Branch through performing general yard duties, including equipment cleaning, order picking and checking for Ready For Hire prior to loading. This must be done in accordance with Kennards Hire values, standards and procedures, so that safety is maintained.
This role requires you to;
- Perform branch facilities cleaning and maintenance as required
- Perform equipment 'check in' and 'check out' inspections and processes to QOM standards
- Perform equipment cleaning as required and directed
- Perform all reasonable tasks requested by the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager/Duty Manager or Area manager
- Equipment picking (in yard), collating and checking for Ready For Hire status
- Perform equipment loading/unloading under supervision
- Successful applicants have come from various backgrounds such as; Customer service, building & construction, hospitality, retail, driver, landscaping, trade & maintenance.
- A current driver's licence
- The availability to work weekends
- This role requires some physical components including lifting and standing on your feet for long periods. A level of physical fitness is required and the ability to pass a drug test
- Strong communication skills
- Be proactive and keen to learn new skills
- An interest in machinery and equipment, although training will be provided
- A positive attitude and team player
- A COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for this role as Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in NSW and our customer sites may require this.
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Simply hit the Apply Now button below and we look forward to talking with you!
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process