Your new company
Work for a Victorian Government insurer that offers an incredible culture, a diverse and inclusive workplace, hybrid working conditions and a highly collaborative team!
Your new role
This Claims Specialist role would see you working in the Domestic Building Insurance (DBI) division and joining a team that is proud of its culture of agility and innovation. Reporting to the Head of Claims, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management, assessment, and settlement of a diverse range of domestic building insurance claims.
- Manage a portfolio and contribute to the development of new and existing claims services and business practices to build the value and contribution to DBI clients.
- Handle complex claims involving active participation in VCAT conferences, mediations and hearings leading settlement discussions and working in conjunction with our appointed legal service providers.
- Provide insights, trends and recommendations within the DBI portfolio.
- You will utilise your mentoring and coaching skills to engage with the DBI Claims team to provide your insights into policy and process.
- You will work with the Builder Assessment and Service Delivery teams to improve claims management outcomes for the DBI division.
- You will build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders to share information and collaborate on strategic projects.
- You will build and maintain effective relationships with third party service providers to obtain optimum claims resolution, ensure value for money and manage recover opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven record of successfully building and maintaining a portfolio of claims, ideally within Builders Warranty Insurance or Property Claims.
- Have up to date knowledge of the insurance industry and products.
- 3-5 years’ claim management experience.
- Ability to be empathetic to the needs of the clients.
- Be resilient with the ability to work under pressure and manage/resolve complex claims within a timely manner.
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with stakeholders and other team members.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll get in return
- Join an incredible culture that values diversity and inclusion and is passionate about gender equality!
- Flexible working conditions.
- Offering programs, subsidies and leave options to support the wellbeing of the employees and invest in their development and growth.
- Career progression opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2670699