Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Cloud Engineer.
This is a 12 months contract, with two (2) x 12-month extension options located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Maintaining and enhancing the IT infrastructure and infrastructure components, including task automation via tools and coding;
- Consult with stakeholders on strategies for the deployment of new cloud solutions or the monitoring and optimisation of existing cloud solutions; and
- Monitoring the performance of systems and services related to their contribution to organisation performance, security and sustainability.
- Identifying, creating and applying development and security standards and processes;
- planning and designing software/cloud components;
- estimating time and effort required for development;
- constructing, amending and verifying software/cloud components;
- applying test-driven development and ensuring appropriate test coverage;
- documenting software/cloud components; and
- resolving operational problems with software and fixing bugs
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Demonstrated experience and certifications in cloud platforms.
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience in programming languages and/or technologies detailed below:
- Terraform or similar infrastructure as code implementations
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience working with AWS Cloud technologies;
- Experience in Cloud Cost Management practices - Assists with managing and monitoring cloud costs by introducing efficient design practices like rightsizing resources, allocating container costs, finding unused resources and identifying spending anomalies. Ensures that costs are introduced as a metric in the same way other performance metrics are monitored. SFIA level (equivalent) skillset of FMIT 4 or greater desired.
- User Experience Design - Producing design concepts and prototypes for user interactions with and experiences of a product, system or service. SFIA level (equivalent) skillset of HCEV 3 or greater desired.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be an Australian citizens who have existing Negative Vetting 1 security clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Abhay Sharma on 02 62451732 quoting Job Reference: # 246298
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.