Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
The Nine Credit Team ensures that customers are invoiced in a timely manner and payments are collected when due. Professional and prompt action is taken to resolve account disputes/queries.
You will have a high level of interaction with our National Sales departments that cover regional and metro areas; along with other key stakeholders within the business from various departments.
As a Credit Officer you will recover all outstanding debt and minimise bad debt /risk exposure for the business, while being professional in fulfilling customer requirements and provide timely invoices and statements to customers.
Day to day you will:
- Own all aspects of Nine’s Regional debtor portfolio for direct & sundry
- Daily banking & allocation of receipts
- Resolve disputes & queries in relation to invoicing
- Document a detailed ongoing history of our outstanding invoices
- Liaise with all levels of the sales department regarding billing, collections and general advertising or production queries
- Provide accurate and timely information for management with regards to accounts receivable
- Coordinate & communicate effectively with multiple departments such as Sales, Operations, & Finance to achieve desired billing outcomes
- Distribution of invoicing & reconciliation of accounts
- Complete month end reporting and associated tasks
- Improve systems and processes to drive efficiency
Please note this is a 6 Month FTC role
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel
- A strong understanding of the Credit Function and Accounts Receivable
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Tenacious and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Experience with Peoplesoft or large finance ERP system would be advantageous
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes