Your new company
Key NSW State Government Agency
Your new role
Lead and manage the Agency’s primary economic research unit in delivering well researched and evidenced policy advice to inform decision making and delivery. Identify emerging issues of strategic significant to economic and regional development in NSW. Lead the conceptual planning and implementation of economic research projects to inform the design and development of Department policies and programs. To prepare high level advice and timely recommendations for action in policy areas.
- Provide leadership in undertaking research, analysis and review of complex policy issues, identifying emerging issues and developing evidence-based options and recommendations, to inform policy development.
- Lead and manage a team of economists, including coaching and mentoring where appropriate, to support the functions and objectives by providing quality and timely policy-relevant knowledge and advice on economic development issues.
- Manage the research design and delivery of quantitative and qualitative economic research projects, including scoping project plans and managing budgets, to support and enhance the competitiveness of regions and industry sectors and to contribute to state-wide growth and employment outcomes.
- Prepare high quality policy briefs, research reports and presentations to inform and provide strategic direction across key policy issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with collaborative partners and key stakeholders to ensure economic analysis is accessible, practical, and effective.
- Represent the Branch and the Department at internal and external policy forums where economic expertise is required to support policy decisions.
- Oversee output quality control to ensure there is a consistent approach to the Unit’s analysis, including definitions, source materials and reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
- Sound experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and policy development.
- Demonstrated experience in applying economic principles, undertaking research projects, analysing results to develop policy options, and clearly communicating complex economic analysis in various forms.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, such as mathematics, statistics, economics, business, finance, commerce or other field undertaking significant economic analysis, or equivalent experience.
What you'll get in return
6 month contract offering between $500-$625 per day + Super
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Lucille on 02 8226 9855
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2618693