Role: ECT - Educational Leader
Location: Acton, Canberra
Centre: Goodstart ANU
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As the Educational Leader at Goodstart ANU, You will work alongside the Educators within your centre to observe practice, review and continuously improve educational programs on offer to children. You will develop the educator team’s understanding of child development and other relevant early years content knowledge, as well as support the application and use of the Early Years Learning Framework or an approved learning framework.
In this role you will work within the centre leadership team (CLT), lead change, and champion practice uplift and excellence.
You’ll help achieve this by:
- Having a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education
- Having a genuine desire and respect for early childhood education
- Having the ability to inspire, mentor and encourage educators, by role modelling correct practice and adherence to company policy & procedures
- Having previous A & R experience
- Having excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Having the confidence to mentor and support inexperienced educators and those educators who may resist change
- Having strong pedagogy knowledge
- Having a strong understanding of the EYLF & NQS
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Job security and stability
- Amazing professional development and training
- Paid well-being days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive above award rates
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Generous Childcare Discount
If you have previous experience leading change in education and have either a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team. #gseducationalleader