Your new company
Hays in Geelong are currently partnered with a large federal government organisation located in Geelong CBD, Victoria.
We are looking to appoint an EL1 Assistant Director Policy & Strategy role for initial 12 months contract with a view of further extensions.
Your new role
EL1 Agency Policy Assistant Director will be involved in engaging in very complex problem solving and issues related to the business. You will be providing expert advice on future policy and design options, and strategic engagement externally with government and non-government stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- developing and interpreting policy while maintaining an understanding and consideration of sensitive organisational and political issues.
- analysing data to develop and implement policy documents for review and publication.
- preparing and reviewing draft policy reports, briefing papers, speeches, Ministerial responses and discussion papers for presentation to senior staff.
- incorporating risk and implementation considerations in policy development.
- overseeing, maintaining and analysing policy initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing policies and strategies for the organisation.
- Develop and support complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of analysing and interpreting policies, strategies and work plans.
- Experience in contributing and assisting with the development and implementation of an operational model.
- Government organisation experience is mandatory.
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen OR a Permanent Resident living in Australia.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you a rate of $520 per day PLUS super, with a potential start from Nov 2021.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Last date for submission will be Friday, 1st Oct 2021.
For further information about this role, please contact:
LHS 297508 #2560975