Hays is proud to partner with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) in preparation for the next Federal Election.
About the Position
Hays are initially developing a talent pool, that will be called upon the announcement of the Election.
The role of the TOPS External Facilitator is to deliver training sessions for the temporary election workforce who are employed as polling officials in a polling place during a federal election.
As a skilled facilitator, you will be able to quickly comprehend and deliver a standard, national training package with confidence and assess comprehension and competence of the participants.
The TOPS External Facilitator will receive training in readiness for the conduct of the federal election. As there is no fixed date for the federal election, there may be a period of time between when you are trained and when you deliver TOP training sessions.
Once the election is announced, the TOPS External Facilitator will commence the delivery of the TOPS training sessions. These sessions must be delivered within critically short timeframes to ensure the TEW are trained ready to deliver voting services to the voters . Availability at short notice is a key requirement for this position.
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- have a strong attention to detail,
- be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines,
- be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, and
- have a positive and motivated working attitude.
- Extensive experience in facilitation and high level facilitation skills
- Ability to work with broad objectives and topic areas whilst still making the learning specific and relevant to the participants
- Availability at very short notice and the ability to work non-standard or extended hours including weekends
Due to the nature of this role, to be eligible for this position applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- be able to obtain and maintain a Police Check
- be able to sign a Political Neutrality Statement
- be available to work from Mid September
- be able to provide contact details of two referees, including a current supervisor.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Should you wish to contact our team directly, please email email@example.com
Following a successful application, you will be required to complete a range of on-boarding requirements to ensure you are “Election Ready”. From here, contact will occur as needed until the election is officially called.
Please note, due to the large number of positions and applications expected for this process, feedback may not be provided to candidates.
LHS 297508 #2534075