Your new company
Our Clients is a fast growing retail services business specialist. With 30 stores nationally, and a continually growing portfolio that includes ambitions to expand internationally, they're known for having an awesome company culture, Head Office based in Maroochydore on the gorgeous Sunshine Coast, the Financial Controller reports directly to the CEO. The Financial Controller will be responsible for providing effective leadership to the Finance team, ensuring business and financial requirements are met. The role offers a mix of technical financial reporting and value adding through commercial strategy, thus requiring strong business acumen and high-level stakeholder engagement skills.
Your new role
As a Financial Controller or Finance Manager, you will be someone with Chartered Accounting certification and extensive professional accounting experience. You’ll also need experience advising or working with medium sized businesses and an understanding of a retail business operation.
Key responsibilities include
- Design, produce, and present to the board on the financial performance and position of the business
- Develop, monitor, and manage budgets and cash flow forecasts, and predict future financial trends
- Work with the CEO to track the performance of strategic initiatives, and assist in the development of strategies that work to minimise risk
- Identify profit improvement opportunities for the business and provide recommendations to the CEO and executive team about how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Develop an improvement plan for the finance function to bring the business to AASB
- Mentor and manage junior members of the finance team
What you'll get in return
This is an amazing opportunity to take the senior finance role and join the executive team in a rapidly growing retail services business, with the potential for the role to evolve into a CFO position over the medium term.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click the ‘apply now’ button below. For any queries feel free to contact Rani Walker; (07) 5313 8228
LHS 297508 #2479618