It starts with yes
Fraud Risk Management is responsible for supporting and advising senior management (CEO/CFO/MDs) and senior business leaders regarding fraud investigations, fraud risk mitigation strategy and fraud controls. The Fraud Risk Management Analytics team provides support to the Optus business with respect to fraud investigation analytics, monitoring and reporting.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Data Analytics & Robotics Team (“DART”), who is based in Singapore, you will undertake a leadership role within DART providing a link to the Fraud Risk Management team Optus. You will be responsible for significant elements of the data analysis components related to monitoring, analysis and maintaining a strategic fraud risk control plan for the Optus business as well as for fraud investigations.
Additionally, you will produce insights gained from extensive understanding of all facets of the Optus business operations, including but limited to commercial evaluation, operational risk, information security exposure, privacy risk, IT system manipulation and network vulnerabilities.
Working closely with the team of Fraud Analysts in deep dive investigative analysis and the collection of information and evidence, you will develop actionable intelligence of a confidential nature for timely dissemination to Optus Managers to support company objectives.
Other duties in your role ...
- Lead complex investigative analysis for any investigation defined as ‘Significant’ across Optus and the Subsidiaries, working with the Fraud Analysts as necessary;
- Oversee requests for analytical assistance received from Singtel and the Joint Venture Companies for their investigations;
- Manage an ongoing program of continuous improvement to identify and address gaps and opportunities in the current fraud control environment;
- Representing Fraud Risk Management on the Project Governance Committee, responsible for evaluating and communicating potential fraud risk on all new projects;
- Ensuring project Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs) are conducted and that fraud risk controls remain adequate and effective;
- Maintain a program of proactive testing of fraud controls at appropriate intervals, such as a biennial procurement vendor review for potential employee conflict of interest.
- Collaboration with the business to ensure end to end fraud risk is understood and mitigated; &
- Be on-call and flexible to changed or extended work hours to address business critical incidents.
Your skills, qualifications & experience ...
- Tertiary qualified in ICT, Computer Science, Statistics or Data Science discipline;
- Solid practical experience with Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, SQL, SAP, & Microsoft products;
- Extensive experience in a Fraud Analyst role with a minimum 10 years' Telco experience;
- Proven ability to maintain, upgrade and perform fault detection of forensic tools and databases;
- Solid understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence, with knowledge of SQL, database systems, Tableau / Power BI and R / Python;
- Self-motivated in continually researching emerging trends in Fraud Risk best practice;
- Knowledge of IT Systems Development Lifecycles, including Telco CRM, Billing, Network and Provisioning systems.
- Ability to communicate with impact, attention to detail and curiosity to persist in understanding all aspects of fraud;
- Ability to engage customers with a strong customer focus, with excellent written & verbal presentation skills;
- Influencing and consulting skills, with proven experience in working effectively as a team player; &
- Ability to manage expectations, pressure and deadlines, with strong personal awareness and adaptable to change.
If you meet with requested criteria, please apply in confidence via the online function with your CV and cover letter today!
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.