Your new company
Working in a successful Freight Logistics business located in the Western Suburbs, we are looking for an experienced and confident Payroll and Human Resources Officer for an ongoing Part Time Contractor opportunity.
Your new role
This position will manage the Payroll for the group and to provide HR Executive duties. Some duties may include the following tasks:
- Actively involved in recruitment process by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, screening candidates, organising job interviews with other stakeholders
- To develop and implement HR policies to suit the medium/long term growth of the company, such as staff retention, staff motivation, appraisal
- To develop annual training plans / budgets with department managers
- To assist in performance management processes
- To support the management of disciplinary actions and grievance
- To maintain employee records (employment contract, leave records, qualification certificates, appraisal forms, training records)
- To review employment conditions and variation of different applicable awards annually to ensure full compliance
- Support continuous process improvement in the HR department
- End to end payroll including processing pays and entitlements reporting
- To prepare Excel tracking sheet on payroll costs as per different nature (Normal pay, Bonus, Overtime, Allowance, Superannuation) by total of each company and by employee
- To assist on payroll tax, worker’s compensation lodgement and reconciliation when required
- Manage payroll ensuring all payments made in accordance with current awards and relevant legislation, and in accordance with Payroll requirements
- Coordinate staff requirements
- Month-end reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualification in Payroll or Human Resources
- Skills and experience in HR and Payroll
- Knowledge of payroll and employment legislation in Australia and New Zealand
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the Freight Forwarding industry would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
This is ongoing contract opportunity with a successful and stable company, which offers professional development and the opportunity to work close to home. Potential to became Permanent Part Time and work from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For further information, please contact Desiree Jenkins at Hays Moonee Ponds on 03 9326 2149 or Desiree.Jenkins@hays.com.au
LHS 297508 #2555300