Our Federal Government Client is seeking an ICT Project Manager with strong and fundamental project management skills, superior skills in government procurement, communications and stakeholder management.
This is a long-term contract for 6 months with extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
It is expected that this role will focus on the delivery of three specific projects:
- An information management project, focussed on the delivery of an electronic document and records management system (EDRMS) and the migration of SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint online
- The deployment of a new IT Service management Toolset, and
- A Printer Refresh Project Other documentation as requested.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Information Technology related tertiary qualifications (or equivalent ICT project management experience)
- At least 5 years relevant experience as an ICT project manager including projects delivered with an emphasis on the above relevant projects.
- Federal Government project management experience - e.g. you have previously managed ICT projects on behalf of a Federal Government Agency
- Project management Planning and Execution for ICT projects through the entire project lifecycle across a variety of ICT Project types - Ideally this would include experience in SharePoint projects, ITSM deployments and/or Printer rollouts
- High level stakeholder engagement and Communication skills with the project, business and other key stakeholders including tailoring communication style and messaging according to the audience (both written and oral communication). This will include preparing for and running Project Board Meetings and ongoing executive engagement.
- Financial Management of a Project budget (including forecasting and cost management to deliver projects within an agreed budget, to an agreed scope and schedule)
- Schedule Management to achieve Project outcomes at the times agreed
- Resource Management to build and manage a cross functional team made up of internal and external stakeholders (including industry partners), business and technical staff so as to deliver against project priorities
- Ability to motivate and encourage positive action from the project team and other key stakeholders to achieve project aims
- Risk and issue Management - including the identification, tracking and management of risks and issues within an ICT Project context
- Demonstrated ability to maintain momentum and drive a project forward despite criticisms or setbacks
- Concurrent Multiple project delivery - You have experience successfully delivering more than one project at a time
You will also have familiarity with the following procurement areas:
- Federal Government ICT Procurement processes - including an understanding of the full procurement lifecycle from market approach, assessment, negotiations, contract creation and vendor management during delivery
- Contract management - including managing an industry partner to deliver to contractually agreed milestones and acceptance criteria
It is desirable if you have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Other relevant project management qualifications or certifications
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the an existing Baseline Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #246341
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.