About the Position
As the Training Facilitator, you will be responsible for delivering training both face to face and virtually, in line with a standard National training package developed for polling officials employed for a range of roles. It is not expected that the trainer is an expert on elections, but is able to quickly comprehend and deliver the training package with confidence and assess comprehension and competence of the trainees. Each trainer will be supported by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who is available to respond to technical questions and support the trainers deliver sessions.
The AEC will conduct a central 'train-the-facilitator's' - facilitator session for selected candidates which will include delivery of the training package to their peers (5 hour training session) which all will be responsible for delivering in accordance to a supplied schedule.
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- have a strong attention to detail,
- be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines,
- be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, and
- have a positive and motivated working attitude.
- demonstrated ability to interpret and confidently present complex information to an audience
- flexibility to deliver training outside of work hours
Due to the nature of this role, to be eligible for this position applicants must: -
- be an Australian Citizen
- be able to obtain and maintain a Police Check
- be able to sign a Political Neutrality Statement
- be available to commence training in September
- Be able to provide contact details of two referees, including a current supervisor
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to AEC.VIC@hays.com.au with the subject Training Facilitator. If you know anyone that will be interested in this project please send this to your friends and family!
Following a successful application, you will be required to complete a range of on-boarding requirements to ensure you are “Election Ready”. From here, contact will occur as needed until the election is officially called.
LHS 297508 #2564317