About the role
Allygroup is currently seeking a Canberra-based Legal Administrator who has expertise in supporting litigation teams in a legal division to join a prestigious Government agency.
This is a unique position to work and support a government team where you will have the opportunity to network with all levels of the department and other government agencies.
The division’s work is varied, fast-paced, and critical to the Team’s operations.
- preparing legal documents and correspondence
- electronic court filing and file management
- providing complex administrative services including complex diary management and scheduling of meetings, and travel arrangements;
- liaising, building and sustaining collaborative relationships across the division and managing internal and external agency stakeholders;
- leading complex coordination activities across the team to deliver outcomes to meet relevant deadlines;
- managing invoices; and
- general ad hoc administrative tasks including dictaphone typing and arranging IT equipment.
In addition our successful candidates require the following skills:
- highly motivated and passionate about providing administrative and executive support and assistance to their respective teams;
- adding value by using your initiative and judgement to recognise issues and risks, develop solutions, anticipate and respond to the needs of the team you are working with;
- excellent interpersonal skills - interacting positively with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- approachable and able to liaise confidently and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders and maintain collaborative working relationships
- excellent administrative and coordination skills, be highly organised and adept at managing multiple complex diaries and the reprioritisation of tasks to accommodate competing and changing priorities;
- thrive in a fast paced, high volume, service focused environment with limited direction and supervision; and
- demonstrated ability to use relevant corporate departmental systems and applications including, but not limited to, SAP, Microsoft suite and PDMS.
To be successful you will need to hold Australian citizenship. An AGSVA issued baseline security clearance or above is highly desirable.
Applying for this role
To submit your application, press ‘Apply Now’. Alternatively, please feel free to call us on (02) 5104 3170 for a confidential discussion or email your resume through to email@example.com.
Allygroup is a law firm which specialises in legal management consultancy, legal project management and legal recruitment.
Allygroup is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and endeavour to put forward the best candidates regardless of their cultural, gender or religious identity.