- Permanent full-time role | Excellent work life balance | Flexible working hours
- Located in Belmont | Onsite parking
- Salary Packaging (up to $18,550 tax free salary)
Why join us?
- First class training and development opportunities
- Discounts on health insurance through HBF or Medibank
- Discounts on banking products through Bankwest
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts at JB HI-FI & The Good Guys
- Salary Packaging (up to $18,550 tax free) to all eligible employees
- Accommodation discounts at Seashells Hospitality Group
- Access to our Wellness Program
- A fantastic team environment
- Values based organisation
- Chance to give back! Provide care to older Western Australians
About your new role:
Working closely with the Recruitment, Payroll, and the wider Operations team, you will be reasonable for an efficient onboarding process for all new employees. This role also provides immigration advice and coordinates all sponsorships and relocations, which we are happy to train you in.
- Manage the onboarding process for new employees ensuring full compliance is met
- Provide advice to the recruitment team and hiring managers on Baptistcare’s pay structures, contracts of employment and process employment packs
- Facilitate the sponsorship process for new and existing employees in conjunction with our migration agent
- Manage the Employee Referral Program initiative and order/distribute monthly vouchers
- Maintain a library of position descriptions
- Maintain and promote the Reward and Recognition platform
- Update and maintain People & Culture policies and practices
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in a similar role will be highly regarded
- Highly committed to excellence in customer service
- Ability to build positive working relationships and effectively engage and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to pass a National Police Check
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of Influenza & Covid-19 Vaccination
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medial
Baptistcare are one of WA's largest not-for-profit providers supporting residential care, home care services and retirement living in both metro and regional locations. We focus on empowering our customers to maintain homely comforts and community connection by providing care with compassion, integrity, and dignity.
Our focus is not limited to our clients, but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you to achieve a fulfilling career with first class training and development opportunities.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is valued. The more diversity we have, the more unique perspectives and creative ideas we share. Therefore, we embrace people of different age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Michelle at email@example.com with the subject heading “RA - Belmont”. Please note that we do not accept applications to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current closing date is 20th Jan 2022.