Your new company
Established for over 15 years, our client the Committee for Perth is a Perth based for purpose organisation, focused on creating a thriving environment for businesses and communities across WA. With a member base that includes both Corporate and Public Sector organisations, such as ANZ, BHP, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Ernst & Young, FMG, Herbert Smith Freehills, Murdoch University, Shell, Synergy, The University of Western Australia, Wesfarmers, Westpac and Woodside, and many more significant contributors to the WA economy, they have a track record of making a positive impact to the region’s future. Their value is measured through their work to improve the cultural diversity, economic prosperity, sustainability and world class amenity of Greater Perth. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research and Policy Specialist to play a central part in shaping the future growth of Perth and WA.
Your new role
This position reports to the CEO and plays a key role in delivering the annual Research and Policy agenda. The Research & Policy Officer is responsible for undertaking research and liaising with the Committee’s long-term contract researcher and academics to publish credible research bulletins and reports.
- Coordinate key outputs as per annual research agenda.
- Research, write and oversee the development of research.
- Coordinate working groups and prepare submissions to government.
- Monitor relevant current affairs and policy changes both locally and globally.
- Harness positive working relationships with internal staff and members of the research team including contractors and academics.
- Represent the CEO at meetings as required.
- Present Committee research at various forums as required.
- Supervise research interns.
What you'll need to succeed
This newly created role encourages you to bring your policy and research expertise to the forefront, ensuring quality of work and smart deliverables are at the heart of everything you do. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and distil complex public policy issues into plain English.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and consultation skills, and proven ability to understand and write concisely.
- An interest in national and state affairs, particularly issues affecting Greater Perth.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain high-quality and productive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with the ability to set work-plans to achieve outcomes.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of packages, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Adobe programs.
What you'll get in return
This is your opportunity to join an organisation that is having a real and lasting impact. You will have the chance to work with colleagues and members who value WA, using your Research and Policy skillset. This is a full time, permanent opportunity, competitive annual salary and generous employee benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2524200