Your new company
Hays Technology are currently partnered with a large employer of choice on the Gold Coast. We are seeking to appoint a Scrum Master for an initial 6-month engagement with potential for extension
Your new role
In this role you’ll be working as a Scrum Master to deliver a variety of ICT projects across multiple departments within the organisation
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
- Groom and shape the backlog with product owners to meet changing customer priorities and/or dates
- Measure and monitor and report sprint velocity. Complete the cycle between demand and resource planning
- Remove impediments and blockers as well as identify dependencies and risks and escalate these issues where appropriate
- Coach and Advocate for best practice in Agile delivery methodologies
- Continuously develop, mature, and evolve Agile Ways of Working, ceremonies, and processes
- Build strong relationships and communications with diverse stakeholders and provide contact and communications for stakeholders on work status and timelines
- Identify and implement opportunities to evolving reporting methods that provide project insight to support your team and its improvement, and to best inform management.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven previous experience in a Scrum Master role delivering ICT projects
- 3+ years’ operating in Scrum-master roles essential
- Strong first hand experience with JIRA and other Agile tooling essential
- Experience with cloud technologies, Web and Mobile environments, integration technologies
- High-level written communication and people skills with an ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer focus and exceptional attention to service quality.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments with competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and to use initiative and critical thinking skills in order to organize and prioritize workloads.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive and difficult matters in a diplomatic manner.
- Proven ability to identify problems in a timely manner and offer solutions, including conflict resolution and the introduction and management of ever-improving systems and processes.
- Exceptional knowledge in the practical application of Agile rituals and development methods, including Kanban and Scrum.
- Certification in Agile Scrum advantageous
What you'll get in return
This opportunity offers you an initial 6 month contract with a large employer of choice, Gold Coast location with WFH flexibility and competitive rates up to $110 per hour + Superannuation
Contract workers through Hays Technology also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Option to be engaged on a Pty Ltd basis (conditions apply)
- Regular contact with IT consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
For further information about this role, please contact:
(07) 3243 3044
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for similar Project Officer or Project Manager roles in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2649581