At Nine, we're reinventing how the country consumes news, across our digital web and mobile app properties such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age & The Australian Financial Review.
Our entirely cloud-first tech stack was built from the ground up around two years ago, with a fully automated, Slack integrated CI/CD DevOps environment and we need more engineers to take it to the next level.
Are you are looking for a driven, diverse and collaborative work environment? Would you like to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company? We'd love to talk with you, so apply today.
What you'll be doing
- We're looking for someone who can help us provide DevOps capability at scale for our product delivery teams.
- Build next generation Kubernetes and Cloud infrastructure which underpin. award-winning digital journalism and on-demand video streaming platforms.
- Working with in-house product delivery teams to implement cloud & automation solutions.
- Build & maintain CI/CD platforms supporting thousands of active delivery pipelines.
- Support various On-Prem, VMWare & AWS Legacy Windows / Linux systems while they make their modernisation or decommissioning journey.
- Providing mentorship to other Engineers, particularly in the Kubernetes / Cloud space.
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads.
- Being available and part of a 24/7 on-call support roster.
We're looking for a human
- With strong, proven software engineering & platform skills.
- Who uses Kubernetes in a large production deployment.
- With excellent analytical skills.
- That is self-starting, and has a desire to learn.
- Who can write in various languages such as: golang, python, node & shell.
- That has AWS certifications or demonstrable practical experience.
- That takes ownership & responsibility.
- Who understands observability driven problem solving.
- Who will help guide the technical direction of our infrastructure.
Above all else, we really like working with people who have a strong, positive learning attitude. So if this role sounds good, but you feel you might need to catch up on some skills, we'd still love for you to apply. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.
Why we like working here
- Flexible hours and extended parental leave policy.
- Focus on career development through level up sessions, access to workshops, sponsored conference attendance, access to online material.
- Hackathons and themed showcases.
- Social Slack channels like #camping, #tabletop-gaming, #dad-jokes.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team. Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Nine does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Nine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes