Your new company
Hays Technology in Geelong are currently partnered with a large Public Sector organization located in Geelong CBD, Victoria.
We are seeking to appoint Senior Technical Specialist - JAVA for a permanent role in Geelong. This will be a hybrid role working from home and Geelong office location. You will be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same.
Your new role
In this role, You will be providing a range of technical services in Application Development Life Cycle - supporting, maintaining, enhancing, designing, building, testing and deploying features and modules to the TAC and Work safe for range of applications including business critical products.
- Extensive experience in developing web-based Java applications and web service integrations.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Extensive experience leveraging software delivery methods, designing and developing solutions that create business value.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and the application of design patterns along with the ability and commitment to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code.
- Significant knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross functional agile delivery
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing applications on J2EE, Java, JSP, JMS, Splunk and WebSphere.
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Framework, including MVC and Spring Boot
- Strong experience with Hibernate ORM.
- Proven SQL experience in writing queries for SQL Server.
- Significant experience in a similar role, supporting, developing, maintaining and improving a complex application portfolio in a multi sourced environment.
- Experience in enterprise application systems analysis and development, including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support with a thorough understanding of the Service Delivery Lifecycle.
- Experience with IT Service management within ITSM / ITIL framework.
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with strong customer focus and ability to translate technical information into business language.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you Annual salary of $124K + Super and Hybrid working with working 1-2 days in Geelong office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2660203