When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine. Nine lives at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture. We are a leading multi-platform media network, engaging an audience of 14 million users across news, business & finance, lifestyle, entertainment & sport.
Our team builds customer facing features for some of the most highly visited media websites in Australia, as well as the content management systems and services. We’re using a brand new, entirely cloud-first modern tech stack, with a fully automated, Slack-integrated CI/CD DevOps environment. We craft world-class high performance, high availability, web applications in small autonomous Agile squads.
As an Engineer in our team you will be responsible for end to end development including analysis, coding, quality control, deployment, release and monitoring of your work. This role is ideal for you if you’re looking to kick-start your career in tech. We’ll provide a supportive environment with training, mentoring and guidance for industry leaders.
Our tech stack includes React, Node.js, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Concourse CI/CD, Slack, Prometheus, Honeycomb, ElasticSearch, and PostgreSQL.
As this is a role for someone just starting their tech career the details below are a guide not a checklist. We know there’s no singular pathway to become a Software Engineer. Ideally your cover letter/application should demonstrate:
- A passion for tech: Include personal or commercial projects you’ve worked on.
- Willingness to learn: What programming languages or frameworks are you learning now?
- Strong problem solving skills: Be prepared to talk through your problem solving approach using examples from previous experience or projects.
- Team collaboration: Include previous experience or project work where team collaboration has been important for success.
Nine connects Australia, apply now to fast-track your tech career.
You’ll have a head start if you’ve had exposure to:
- ReactJS or equivalent front-end frameworks
- Building APIs using microservice architecture
- Building and deploying solutions on AWS or other cloud platforms
In the greater engineering team we have intentionally fostered a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture. We support individual goals and personal growth through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training. As part of our commitment to inclusion we support flexible work schedules and locations. To discuss what this means for you please contact the Tech and Product Talent Acquisition Lead email@example.com.
Corporate perks and benefits include:
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.