Your new company
Local government organisation leading the development of a strategy framework to guide future planning. This includes the development of long term land use planning strategies and policies, regional planning and place-based planning projects. In developing strategy, the department develops and maintains long term stakeholder relationships to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of a series of projects, involving local, state and federal governments.
Your new role
As the Strategic Partnerships and Policy Manager you will help shape the future city, through leadership in strategy. Your role will be to deliver the City Strategy through the development of policy to inform and promote the council’s policies, programs and services. Key to this will be to develop and maintain long term strategic stakeholder partnerships. This will include working with government agencies in the planning of key initiatives and game changing opportunities. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated manager to shape the future city through strategic policy development – working with a team to develop a City-wide strategy that clearly articulates council’s aspirations for the future.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Policy Development, Planning, Economics or similar
- Extensive experience in the hands-on delivery of Policy, Strategy or Planning based initiatives
- Experience leading multi disciplinary teams to deliver successful outcomes and strategies
- Vision and an ability to think and plan for the future
- Strong and successful experience in negotiation and ability to influence a range of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of council, state and federal government officials
- In depth understanding of the macro issues confronting high growth outer metropolitan areas
- Experience in integrating strategic information and projects with organisational activities
- Extensive local knowledge and the ability to interpret this into strategies and strategic approaches
- Experience in local government, the public sector or a large, diverse organisation desirable
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent opportunity that offers fantastic flexible work arrangements and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
LHS 297508 #2570348