Your new company
The Department of Education Western Australia is one of the largest employers in the state, employing 30,000 teachers across a huge geographical area. The opportunities within the department are vast, offering teachers a wide array of opportunities. Hays Education are partnering with The Department of Education Western Australia in offering opportunities for teachers looking to make a difference and have a unique life experience by teaching in Western Australia.
Your new role
We have an array of opportunities across Mathematics, Science, DT/TAS, HASS (Humanities and Social Sciences), and English, including opportunities in regional and remote WA that offer additional incentives. With over 800 schools across urban, coastal, regional and remote locations this represents a wonderful opportunity to secure a position just right for you. There are presently a number of priority positions available for 2022 in regional Western Australia with a particular need in Mathematics, TAS/DT, English and Science.
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible to teach in WA you will:
- Hold relevant teaching qualifications in Mathematics, Science, DT/TAS, HASS (HSIE, Humanities, Social Sciences etc), or English.
- Hold current teacher registration in your current state (or eligible for TRBWA registration)
- Have unrestricted working rights to work in Australia
- Have double vaccination for Covid19 or willingness to be vaccinated by commencement
What you'll get in return
Teaching in Western Australia offers such a wide range of opportunities and an excellent lifestyle with the state rich with places to go and things to do.
The Department of Education Western Australia offers excellent support including:
- Relocation assistance (including assistance with border pass as required)
- Incentives for teaching in regional areas such as subsidised housing and salary incentives
- Attractive salary packages and salary packaging
- Promotional opportunities, career development and professional development
- Great opportunities to teach in unique remote communities suiting teachers passionate about indigenous education.
What you need to do now
If you are open to exploring teaching in Western Australia in 2022 or would like to explore opportunities in the future, please submit your expression of interest now.
Submit your CV to Lincoln Gould at Hays Education and you will be contacted to explore your interest further.
T 02 8226 9769
LHS 297508 #2575851