Alphinity is a specialist, active manager of Australian and Global equity funds, strongly aligned with our clients’ objectives.
Our aim is to deliver consistent outperformance for investors by investing in quality, undervalued companies, with underestimated forward earnings expectations. We identify these companies using a truly unique partnership between detailed analyst driven fundamental research and specific targeted quantitative inputs.
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a growing and well-respected Australian and Global Equities fund manager, based in Sydney. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for equity trading and quantitative research tasks, with the flexibility to develop a specialist focus in either area over time. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a highly committed and experienced team, to gain an understanding of all aspects of investing. The successful candidate will enjoy working in the flexible, fast-paced, and collaborative environment, where sharing of ideas is encouraged amongst all staff members.
Alphinity Investment Management is a boutique manager of Australian and Global equity funds, aligned with our clients’ needs and objectives , and backed by listed financial services firm Challenger Ltd. Alphinity currently manages in excess of $18bn for institutional and retail investors.
Alphinity's aim is to deliver consistent outperformance for investors by investing in quality, undervalued companies, with underestimated forward earnings expectations. We identify these companies using a truly unique partnership between detailed fundamental research and specific targeted quantitative inputs.
- Passionate about financial markets with a strong attention to detail and strong numerical skills
- Willingness to learn about all aspects of funds management
- Suitably qualified with some experience working in financial markets or in another relevant numerical focused role (2-5 years). Experience with coding (SQL, VBA and/or Python) will be viewed favourably but is not essential to apply for the role. Most important is an interest to learn in this area.
- Friendly in nature and comfortable working in a dynamic and task-driven environment
- Comfortable making fast decisions and working autonomously when needed
- Able to balance priorities and work with internal stakeholders to manage competing tasks / deadlines
- Strong communication skills with an interest in writing commentaries for internal and external stakeholders
Trading core responsibilities:
- Execution of Domestic and Global Portfolio Trades to achieve best execution outcomes for clients.
- Develop deep relationships with brokers to gain a solid understanding of equity flows.
- Share insightful market and stock feedback with portfolio managers and analysts.
- Monitoring of cashflows and balances, transaction costs and broker commissions.
Quant core responsibilities:
- Updating existing proprietary models and databases on a periodic basis (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Development of the proprietary models and databases (using coding) in response to the changing investment landscape.
- Responding to internal (sales/portfolio managers) and external (client) requests using existing models or developing new ones.
- In time an opportunity to perform proprietary quantitative research projects aimed at improving portfolio alpha and sharing the results with the broader team.
Benefits of working with Us:
- We provide a flexible work environment where working from home or working flexibly is encouraged.
- You’ll be joining a small team within a Sydney based office. With everyone being based together, it makes it easy to get exposure to all aspects of investing and work closely with the Portfolio Managers across both domestic and global equities
- We regularly attend industry and company meetings where it adds value to our roles. This gives access to industry lead thinking and best practice in emerging areas
- Diversity of thought is encouraged We operate with a relatively flat structure, so you’ll be a valuable contributor to business and investment decisions
- You will have the ability to shape you’re role over time. This role has been developed to support two individual managers within the business and we expect you may shape the role depending on areas that are of most interest.
Posting Close Date :