A dog has died and another has been seized by the Domestic Animal Service after an attack in Tuggeranong on Friday morning.
The Domestic Animal Service confirmed it was investigating an attack that involved two dogs at a private residence in Banks.
An ACT Emergency Services Agency spokeswoman said a woman, who was present at the time of the attack, was treated by paramedics for a "medical complaint" but was not transported to hospital.
"DAS can confirm the woman was not attacked by either dog," A Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate spokesman said.
"As it is an ongoing investigation, unfortunately TCCS cannot provide further comment at this time other than to acknowledge that dog attacks can be traumatic and distressing for all involved."
Last year, more than 158 dogs were seized pending an investigation into an attack incident by the domestic animal service, of that 24 were declared dangerous dogs.
Dog attacks reported in The Canberra Times last year:
- November 14: A Canberra woman was left shaken after her Jack Russell, Evie was mauled to death by an off-leash dog. The search to find the it and the owner is ongoing.
- October 25: Canberra woman, Tania Klemke was killed by 'her best friend' in her Watson home. Police shot the animal dead after they were called by neighbours who heard a man at the property screaming for help.
- September 18: Three dangerous dogs are returned to an Amaroo home after killing a Cavalier King Charles named Daisy in July.
- September 2: Service dog Oreo was attacked in Narrabundah backyard while its owner was overseas. It's believed the dog had been returned to its owner after the attack and then surrendered to a shelter.
- August 6: A 12-year-old poodle, JP, was bitten on the neck and the head by two off-lead pit bulls while running with his owner.
- August 5: Two puppies, Lucky and Lady, survived a vicious mauling from three large dogs that jumped the fence of their Wanniassa backyard by crawling into the laundry via their dog flap.
- March 20: A police officer was bitten by a dog while attempting to arrest a dangerous driver at her home in Kambah.
- January 31: Thirteen-year-old Pomeranian, Buzz, dies after being attacked by three dogs on a public footpath at Yerrabi Pond.