A Wanniassa restaurant has been crowned the ACT’s favourite restaurant in Menulog’s Summer Restaurant Awards.
The Turkish Grill restaurant at Erindale came out top over hundreds of Menulog restaurants in the region, thanks to its "overwhelmingly positive customer ratings and satisfaction throughout the summer".
Turkish Grill Restaurant was rated highly by Canberrans for its "exceptional customer service and generous serving sizes". Favourites in the menu included Turkish spiced grilled lamb cutlets ,dips and pides.
Turkish Grill owner Steve Kocak and his wife Tamia Vereschildt were thrilled. They have been on their current site in Gartside Street, Erindale, since 2008.
"After all of our hard work we are so excited to be crowned as ACT’s most popular restaurant on the platform," he said.
“We love creating quality food experiences for our customers, and we’re so thrilled to be recognised through the ratings and reviews of our Menulog customers."
Menulog’s commercial director Rory Murphy said said the awards were recognition for hard-working eateries.
"We have over 12,000 restaurant partners so receiving one of the awards is no mean feat. This is a fantastic achievement for Turkish Grill restaurant," he said.
The national winner was On It Burgers in Victoria. The full list of state and territory winners was:
- VIC - Albion-based pizzeria, The Rollin Dough, famous for distinctive toppings including Salmon Sensation
- ACT – Turkish Grill Restaurant, a local Wanniassa restaurant known for its traditional turkish offering
- NT – Desert Springs Chinese eatery, Hong Kong Restaurant, loved for its specialties including homemade dim sims
- WA – Alkimos Pizza famous for their everyday specials available giving locals bang for their buck
- SA – Hallett Cove pizzeria, Karrara Pizza, renowned for serving up flavoursome pizzas with unique toppings including a butter chicken delight
- TAS – Glebe eatery, Midori Japanese Kitchen particularly popular for its party platter
- QLD – Caboolture restaurant, Belly God, serving up the state’s favourite flavours with their fresh Chinese dishes.
- NSW - Base and Burger Mount Annan, a local eatery loved by locals for their unique take on burgers and pizzas