Since it's going to be a busy day tomorrow I'm drawing a line under today. What happened?
- preparations are being made for tomorrow morning's announcement of the result of the same-sex marriage survey;
- if the result is 'yes' supporters of change have given notice they want their bill considered for debate on Thursday;
- the bill was authored by Liberal Dean Smith and has cross party support;
- Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull arrives back in Australia tonight so will be here to witness the result;
- Tasmanian senator Jacqui Lambie has resigned after she confirmed her dual citizenship;
- she is the eighth MP to be caught up in the citizenship brouhaha; and
- former Labor NSW premier Kristina Keneally will contest the Sydney seat of Bennelong against government MP John Alexander.
My thanks to Andrew Meares and Alex Ellinghausen for their superb work and to you for reading and commenting.
Alex, Andrew and I will return in the morning - look for us about 8. Until then, go well.