A Canberra Comanchero arrested while trying to board an international flight will fight allegations he attempted to murder the gang's former ACT president.
Axel Sidaros, 24, allegedly had a ticket to fly to Abu Dhabi when he was arrested at Melbourne Airport last week.
Taskforce Nemesis extradited Mr Sidaros to the ACT from Victoria over the weekend, and he appeared in the ACT Magistrates Court on Monday.
Mr Sidaros, appearing before Chief Magistrate Lorraine Walker, entered pleas of not guilty to 13 charges, including attempted murder, arson, firearm possession, trespass, and intentionally inflicting grievous bodily harm.
The court heard the majority of the charges stemmed from a June attack on former Comanchero ACT president Peter Zdravkovic.
The ACT chapter of the Comanchero Outlaw Motorcycle Gang was plunged into an internal war after it split into two factions earlier this year.
A faction loyal to Mr Zdravkovic then cut ties with the Comanchero and patched over to the Finks, police allege.
The split sparked tit-for-tat violence between the factions, including a targeted shooting and arson on Mr Zdravkovic at his southside home on June 28.
Mr Zdravkovic was charged with unauthorised possession of a firearm, possessing a prohibited weapon, drugs, and failure to correctly store a firearm in relation to the incident. He has pleaded not guilty.
Court documents filed during Mr Zdravkovic’s bail hearing in August said he had been been in the shower, while his family slept nearby, at his Calwell home about 10.35pm.
Outside, a group of three armed men climbed over the back fence, opened a roller door to a carport and signalled to a stolen vehicle, driven by a fourth man, who reversed into the driveway to deliver jerry cans of petrol.
Petrol was poured on to three cars, while two men, armed with a shotgun and automatic pistol, allegedly opened fire on a naked Mr Zdravkovic as he walked out of the bathroom.
Police allege Mr Zdravkovic armed himself with a rifle and returned fire with two shots, before he was struck in the left hand, severing his left middle finger.
The four attackers retreated, allegedly setting the cars ablaze, before escaping in the stolen vehicle.
Mr Sidaros is alleged to have been the attacker armed with the Adler lever-action shotgun.
On Monday, the court heard of concerns for Mr Sidaros’ safety due to fears he could be the target for reprisal attacks.
In a press conference on Monday morning, acting deputy chief police officer for crime Scott Moller said police would not stop until every person involved in the incident had been charged and hauled before before the court.
"Any arrest we can make in relation to this organised criminal activity is certainly a success to police and a blow to their criminal network," he said.
"I have significant resources dedicated to this investigation and we will continue until we've got everybody before the court."
Mr Sidaros will reappear before the court in November.
Police are urging anyone who may have any information about the shooting that could assist police to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website, and quote reference 6281610. Information can be provided anonymously.