The family of missing bushwalker Prabh Srawn has withdrawn the reward offered for finding the Canadian student, but remain determined to continue searching.
His disappearance in May sparked months of extensive searches throughout the Kosciuszko National Park, attracting volunteers from across the world to help find the 25-year-old.
A $50,000 reward was issued in June, but Mr Srawn’s sister Mandeep told Fairfax Media it was withdrawn on Tuesday following discussions with those involved in the search efforts.
“They’ve all indicated that they’re not interested in the reward,” she said.
Ms Srawn said the family had already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, including the cost of flying volunteers in from Canada.
She said search efforts had been hindered by poor weather over recent weeks, but were expected to strengthen in the near future.
“We haven’t had very many people go up with the weather being bad,” she said.
“Sometimes there are only two people. This week there should be five.”
Despite the sub zero temperatures in the Snowy Mountains since his disappearance on May 13, Ms Srawn the family held out hope of a positive result.
“We come from strong faith,” she said.
“Until we have something negative to cry about, we want to remain positive.”
The family returned to Canada last month, but Ms Srawn said she not sure if they’d return to Australia.
Facilitators of the official Facebook page, titled ''Help Find Prabh Srawn - Missing Bushwalker'', also posted a message from the hiker’s friends and family on Tuesday.
“We cannot thank enough all the brave men and woman that have helped in the search effort thus far,” it read.
“As we are approaching a melt down in the alpine region of Kosciuszko National Park, we would once again request that all those that are interested in volunteering their time to assist in the continued search efforts please inbox message us for further details.”
Mr Srawn was last seen when he parked his car at Charlotte Pass Village on May 13.