A Canberra man will be extradited from the ACT to NSW over an alleged role in an armed robbery in Queanbeyan last year.
The man, 42, was arrested on Thursday in Ainslie by federal police and appeared before ACT Magistrates Court on Friday, after detectives successfully applied for an extradition request to NSW.
The man was arrested for an alleged involvement in an armed robbery at Hotel Queanbeyan in November.
Around 12.30am on November 15, the hotel was ram-raided by a ute, believed to have been stolen.
Police say a man got out of the car armed with a gun and fired a shot, before stealing cash.
No was injured in the incident, with the man fleeing the scene in the car.
The ute was later found burnt out nearby.
Following the armed robbery, NSW police launched an investigation as part of Strike Force Corryong, leading to the arrest of the man in Canberra.
A NSW police spokesman said the man would be taken to Queanbeyan police station, where he would assist detectives in their inquiries.
Robbery and Serious Crime Squad Commander Danny Doherty said police were still seeking a second man who they allege committed the armed robbery with the arrested man.
"They acted in concert to commit a serious armed robbery," Detective Superintendent Doherty said.
"The fact that a shot was fired right near a person, the consequences of that could have been dire.
"We're very lucky that no one got killed and very lucky that no one got seriously injured"
Detective Superintendent Doherty said he expected the man to be charged with numerous offences including armed robbery with a dangerous weapon.
The man is due to appear in Wollongong Local Court via video link on Saturday to determine whether he will receive bail or be remanded in custody.
- With Elliot Williams