And so it comes down to this. The Sydney Roosters aiming to be the first team of the modern era to win back to back NRL titles.
But the lime green fairytale story of the Canberra Raiders stands in their way as the men from the capital aim to break a 25-year premiership hoodoo.
The Raiders are the overwhelming fan favourites, with the Green Machine embracing its grand final underdogs tag.
Everyone expects the Roosters to win to give Cooper Cronk a fitting finish to a brilliant career. They also boast James Tedesco, Latrell Mitchell and Boyd Cordner.
From 7pm, join us for all the live action from Sydney and the celebrations that follow grand final glory. The blog sometimes takes a moment to load, but it will appear above.
- Think you know the Green Machine? Try this superfan quiz
- Team news: Virus-free Bateman ready to shine
- 'It's changed who we are': The origins of the Viking clap
- Revealed: Messages from 1989 heroes inspire Raiders on grand final day
- All aboard the Raiders express
- Raiders A-Z guide: Everything you need to jump on the finals bandwagon